Saturday, December 6, 2008

Swahili on-line

Swahili is the language most commonly spoken in Tanzania and neighboring countries. I have always made an effort to meet and greet in the language my host people speak. Whether in Italy, Greece or Tanzania it really pays off in regards to the total travel experience. There is something about the Swahili language that hooked me into learning more and more. Presently, my goal is be fluent in the next couple of years. It's a beautiful language that is both melodic and challenging.

Hello-Jambo
Please-Tafadhali
Thank you-Asante
Good bye-Kwa heri
Good night-Lala salama

There are many websites that are very helpful. I found many books and audio recordings available on 
http://www.amazon.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???